We understand that staying in our hotel and surfing UCSI Hotel website involve significant trust on your part. We value your trust and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide us. Please read this policy to learn about our privacy practices.
2. POLICY APPLICATION
This policy applies to personal information regarding any person who visits us and the use of personal information in any form whether oral, electronic or written. This Policy reflects our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by the Hotel and its affiliated companies. Usage of “Hotel”, “we” and “our” throughout this Policy, depending on the context, collectively refer to those separate and distinct legal entities. This Policy is aimed to describe the vast range of our personal information processing activities.
3. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we may process include:
- Your name, gender, personal and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, image, nationality, and passport and visa information;
- Guest stay information, dates of arrival and departure, goods and services utilised, special requests made, observations of your service preferences (including room and food preference, amenities used, services selected and any other preferences related to you);
- Your credit card details, and your account details and credentials for the UCSI Guest Loyalty Programme and any frequent flyer or travel partner programme;
- Specific information necessary to fulfil special requests; feedback or email correspondence or inquiry or content you provide regarding your inquiries, preferences, clarifications, comments, etc. in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or promotional offers, or to our website or apps (if any) and those of third parties;
- Information collected whilst at our Hotel premise through the use of closed circuit television systems, internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location), card key and other security and technology systems;
- Business card contacts and other relevant details pertaining to your business dealing with us;
- In limited cases, information relating to the credit of customers;
Much of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides us. However, in other circumstances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide us or during our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party (such as booking agents, travel agency, business associates, etc.). There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide us or that we collect is considered sensitive personal information such as individual’s racial or ethnic origin, residential address, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership in a trade union or professional association, physical or mental health or condition, medical treatment, sexual orientation, income range, next-of-kin contact in case of emergency, etc. When you agree to this Policy, you are, to the extent required under the Act granting your express and written consent to the processing of any personal information that you provide to the Hotel.
4. PURPOSE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Subject to the boundary of the Act, we may collect, use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- Provide and charge for hotel accommodation and other goods and services;
- Liaise with third party/parties including but not limited to travel agents, tour operators, online travel agencies, airline operators, banking institutions, credit card companies, market research companies, government agencies, statutory bodies;
- Provide you with a better or more personalised level of service, including information and services from a third party (such as additional guest services at Hotel, local attractions, and transportation options);
- Respond to requests for information and services, including services from a third party (such as restaurants or transportation providers);
- Administer the UCSI Guest Loyalty Programme;
- Fulfil contractual obligations to you and/or anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators, and third-party loyalty programs);
- Conduct market research, customer satisfaction survey, quality assurance surveys as well as direct marketing and sales promotion activities;
- Provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
- Administer general record keeping;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Test and evaluate new products and services;
We reserve the right to use and retain your personal information for as long as it is essential to fulfilling the Purpose.
5. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or otherwise use, process, record, hold, store, share and disclose Personal Information we collect about you. Nevertheless, we may need to share your Personal Information with authorised third parties who perform services on our behalf. Third parties are limited to a certain extent to use or disclose the information except as needed to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Third party vendors shall sign a non-disclosure term with the Hotel to appropriately safeguard the privacy and security of Personal Information they process on our behalf.
5.1 Authorised Agents, Service Providers, Business Associate and Suppliers
As a hotel, we may outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties. We may also engage market research firms to assist us in contacting guests for the purpose of market research and quality assurance. As and when we outsource the processing of your personal information to third parties or provide your personal information to third-party service providers, they have to sign a non-disclosure term in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy, with appropriate security measures.
5.2 Credit Authorisation
When you request credit, your personal information will be used and disclosed to credit authorisation parties such as banking and financial institutions in accordance with applicable laws for the purpose of determining whether to grant and maintain a line of credit to you.
5.3 Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we may expand our hotel networks and other assets as part of our portfolio. In those circumstances, we may include the personal information collected about you, or control of that personal information, as a business asset in any such transfer.
5.4 Legal Requirements
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or lawfully instructed to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to conform to relevant accounting and tax regulations as well as other laws in Malaysia.
6. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM UCSI HOTEL WEBSITE
Our website may collect information about how you use that information on our website. Examples of such information include the Internet Protocol address automatically assigned to your computer each time you browse the Internet, the date and time of your visit, the pages you access and the amount of time you spend on each page, the type of Internet browser you use, your device’s operating system and the URL of any website that you visited before and after visiting our website. That information is not linked to you as an individual unless you create a user profile, but we may keep records of the device being used.
6.1 Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
The cookies technology used on our website allow us to evaluate and improve the functionality of our website. Cookies are packages of data that allow our website server to identify and interact more effectively with the customer’s computer. Cookies will spend time on identifying each user, thereby also providing additional login convenience.
6.2 Social Media
Our website includes features such as plugins and other attributes that assimilate third party social media platforms into our website. You will be able to activate them manually. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they will be doing with your personal data. If you activate these plug-ins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk.
6.3 User Profile
You may create a user profile on our website to place a room booking and facilitate your online transaction. We may use the information provided by you to store in our customer relationship management database and other relevant databases, if applicable. By creating a user profile, you are agreeing that we may use the personal information you provide for these purposes. You can view, update or remove any personal information that you have provided to us for inclusion in your user profile by amending your user profile online. If you subsequently decide to remove your user profile, we reserve the right to use any personal information previously provided by you for record keeping and quality assurance purposes.
We do not compromise on Internet security that is within our control. It is our responsibility to safeguard your personal information when you browse through our website. In UCSI Hotel, we use Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) software in order to encrypt the personal information that you provide us. If your browser is SSL enabled, your transmission of personal information to us will be encrypted.
The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall and other reasonable security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not liable for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the full extent permitted by the law. Where required by law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights.
You may opt to restrict your personal information available to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, your user experience with us may be limited (for example, we cannot make any reservation without a name or NRIC or passport number). If you provide us with your contact details (e.g. postal address, email address, telephone number or fax number), we may contact you regarding the products, services, promotions and events offered that we think you may be interested in.
As and when you have an account with our Guest Loyalty Programme, we will require your communication preference to indicate your communication preferences at the time you apply for membership or when you create your user profile. We may also ask you to indicate how you would like to receive any offers, marketing and promotional information (e.g. via email or regular mail) and whether you would be willing to participate in surveys go to website. You may as and when change your preferences at any given time in conjunction to agreeing to this policy. In addition to you agreeing to this Policy, other necessary laws enacted thereafter may require us to obtain a separate consent before we send you information that you have not specifically requested previously. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied (e.g., where communications are required in order to fulfil your requests and/or where you have volunteered information for use by us).
In other cases, we may seek your consent within the soonest possible time in accordance with applicable laws (e.g., where the information collected is regarded to be Sensitive Personal Information under local regulations). We will abide by any request from you not to send you direct marketing materials. When such a request is received, your contact details will be “suppressed” rather than deleted. This will ensure that your request is recorded and retained unless you provide a later consent that overrides it. You may request that we correct, cancel, and/or stop processing or using personal information that we hold about you.
8. CHANGE OF POLICY
As our UCSI hotel develops, this Policy may also change and any updates will be identified accordingly. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon notification of the revised Policy on the site.
9. CONTACT US
While this Policy alone does not create contractual rights, UCSI Hotel has ensured compliance with the Act by creating a set of binding standards and policies. In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version of this Policy and any version of this Policy in any other language, the English version shall prevail. You may submit your written request to us if you have any questions with regards to this Policy. If you have any queries or complaints, please contact us at +6 08 259 6610 or +6 08 259 6612, via our contact page or directly email to infoKCH [at] ucsihotelsconventions.com. View our Contact page for more details.